At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Data Scientist
Job location: our office in Toronto or Ottawa, Canada
Who We Are Looking For
You have a strong background in math and technology typically (but not exclusively) found in graduate research programs in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics. You have a proven track record solving real-world business problems and a practical mindset using the more appropriate technique for the problem, whether that be a simple linear regression, lighGBM or a LSTM. You can comfortably explain the difference between a random forest and gradient boosted trees.
All aspects of building data science products are familiar to you: wrangling with messy or missing data, feature engineering, prototyping statistical/machine learning models, and coding up an appropriate solution that’s fit for production. You are always willing to get your hands dirty analyzing the minutiae in the data.
You’re fluent in Python, have run more SQL queries than you would like to admit, and have hands-on experience with big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop.
As an excellent communicator, you’ll work with other like-minded individuals to come up with creative solutions to our retail and CPG data science problems interfacing with all aspects of the company from external stakeholders to product to data science to engineering. Your primary focus is on providing value to our clients, which requires asking the right questions, distilling the problem and coming up with creative solutions.
· Masters/PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Strong familiarity with various machine learning & statistical techniques
· Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, and adaptable in a fast paced environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to describe results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
· Proficiency in Python
· Experience working with relational data via SQL
· Ability to work in *nix environments
Nice to have
· Experience with big data technologies such as PySpark and Hadoop
· Software development experience
· Experience working with major cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
· Retail and CPG business background
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org