Internal Audit Manager - Data Science
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Snowflake is growing and looking for a driven Internal Audit Manager - Data Science to join our team. You will report to the Director, Risk & Compliance and help manage and prioritize an evolving workload with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Whether it is facilitating Snowflake’s SOX Compliance and/or Internal Audit efforts or conducting internal audits, we strive to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of the company’s processes, systems, and underlying internal control environment. You will be expected to problem solve, collaborate, and move fast while keeping attention to detail.
AS AN INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER – DATA SCIENCE, YOU WILL:
- Identify, design, and develop data analytics extract routines to support audit activities performed by the Internal Audit team from scoping to testing.
- Manage data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for visualization/analysis.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, applying professional skepticism when assessing data sources and validating the completeness and accuracy of data received.
- Maintain an effective system of data analytics and models leveraging our Snowflake platform which provides enhanced insight into risks and controls, establishes an efficient/automated means to analyze and test large volumes of data for outliers, anomalies, patterns, and trends, and helps evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of process and controls
- Research and communicate best practices, identify areas for improvement and provide effective recommendations and sound audit conclusions
- Coordinate and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including co-sourcing partners and junior staff
- Foster strong relationships with business, technology partners and external auditors; be a trusted advisor.
OUR IDEAL INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER WILL HAVE
- 6+ years of relevant/recent data analysis in audit, financial, risk management, or technology functions experience
- Deep knowledge of the technology industry, especially platform companies strongly preferred.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, data-intuition, and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in data analytics techniques and query/programming languages in SQL and Python. Readability in Java is preferred.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and auditing techniques.
- CIA/CPA/CISA qualification with a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred
- Strong planning, project management and analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter, ability to proactively problem-solve, identify, advocate for and execute improvements
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and embrace change, thrive in a fast-paced environment
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?