Cloud Data Engineer
Cloudreach is the leading multi-cloud services provider. Our mission is to help companies navigate their unique journeys to the cloud and build new foundations for future growth. We’re a team of multi-cloud natives with certifications across AWS, GCP and Azure. Businesses that work with Cloudreach adopt cutting-edge technologies to solve challenges and create new opportunities. Working exclusively on public cloud, we deliver unrivaled value for more than 1000 enterprise clients globally.
Behind our services are our Cloudreachers.
We pride ourselves on being the go-to destination for curious, talented, and driven people looking for unique work experiences to maximize their potential. We are passionate about asking questions, finding solutions, playing with the latest tools & technology, doing our lives' work, and having fun along the way. You can learn more about our innovative culture, global workforce, and Cloudy Values on our website.
We're not content with the status quo. We're here to do things better, and then do better things.
What will your role be?
The purpose of a Cloud Data Engineer is to enable data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data by architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. At Cloudreach, they will be subject matter experts and will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of building reporting solutions in Microsoft Power BI
- Solid experience of working with databases and writing complex queries
- Effective data analysis skills
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries, DAX Scripts and Power Query
- Working knowledge of how to troubleshoot problems within Power BI Workspaces
- Has experience successfully implementing simple enterprise solutions using a vast range of data engineering technologies. Has experience deploying and using the services in a major cloud platform
- Works on tasks independently with little support from senior engineers
- Delivers - Significant code contributions to more complex components of ETL pipelines.
- Writes test, test cases, and code documentation with a high level of detail. Skill mastery in a few areas.
- Stakeholder Management - Has guided & influenced customer stakeholders. Manages customer expectations on project deliverables.
- Aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology. Clarifies and communicates internally customer objectives.
- Coding - Pushes back bad code and employs ETL best practices.
- Experience of ETL Processes and Tools such as Microsoft SSIS
- Experience of Database modelling
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure
What are our perks?
- Meaningful and impactful work opportunities at a pioneering, cutting edge cloud services provider
- People-first mentality. We know that you and your mental health & wellbeing are #1. That’s why we give you an uncapped holiday allowance (+ your birthday off!), employee assistance programs, and resources to support your mental health & wellbeing.
- We embrace technologies that unlock agile & flexible ways of working. We respect our people to do their work when and how they work best. Work-life blend is a priority!
- Our dynamic work environment enables autonomy while also promoting a sense of belonging to a global community
- Opportunity for growth & development. Not only will you work alongside and learn from industry thought leaders, you will also be reimbursed for function-based certifications. We’re multi-cloud and proud!
- An inclusive workplace where varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view are celebrated and the individual is respected, included and empowered to bring their whole self to work
- Transparency in business updates & communications. Whether you’re on the senior leadership team or a brand new employee, you’re an integral part of the team and we’ll make sure you know what’s up
- Recognition-rich company culture where daily wins are celebrated and individuals living out our values are applauded
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.