Data Engineer III
LogRhythm is the pioneer in Next Generation SIEM and Threat Lifecycle ManagementTM (TLM) technology, empowering organizations on six continents to rapidly detect, respond to and neutralize damaging cyberthreats. Our TLM platform unifies leading-edge data lake technology, artificial intelligence and security analytics to serve as the foundation for the AI-enabled security operations center. We are consistently recognized as a leader in the security intelligence domain and have been placed in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant for 6 consecutive years.
Who we are looking for;
The LogRhythm Data Science team is seeking a qualified Data Engineer III with the requisite experience and passion for designing, implementing and delivering data-driven analytics products to support our customers need for advanced cyber threat detection and mitigation. The qualified individual is an experienced engineer who has demonstrated expertise with modern, scalable and distributed analytics platforms in a highly collaborative engineering environment.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Leverage modern analytics stacks and cloud platforms to design, implement and maintain scalable infrastructure for ingesting, processing and persisting large volumes of batched and streaming data.
- Contribute to multiple production code bases in a continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment.
- Write, debug, maintain and constructively review code on a highly collaborative software engineering team.
- Develop production quality software for interacting with distributed data pipelines, data stores and data models.
- Leverage best practices regarding big data and scalable processing and storage infrastructure.
- Assume light on-call responsibilities to support monitoring and integrity of cloud-based production software product offering.
- 3+ years of experience with scalable data processing and storage technologies such as
- Spark, GCP Dataflow, GCP PubSub, Kafka, Flink, Elasticsearch
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with libraries such as pandas and numpy would be beneficial
- 3+ years of experience with other programming languages such as Java or Golang
- Experience with SQL or pyspark would be beneficial
- Experience with deploying and leveraging cloud-based infrastructure in GCP/AWS/Azure preferably through automated means, Kubernetes and Docker experience would be useful
- Knowledge of distributed computing fundamentals and the ability to design for scalability on Linux platforms
- Experience with standard development tooling such as Git, Jira, Rally
- Experience with agile development processes such as scrum or SAFe
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field of Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or similarly relevant engineering or computational discipline.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Data analytics/modeling experience
- Strong mathematical/statistical analysis skills
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.