Intern: Data Science (Summer 2021)
The Data Science and Engineering team builds Asana’s core data pipelines and tools, and partners with teams throughout the company to drive key product and business decisions with metrics, experiments, and predictive models. As a Data Scientist at Asana, you’ll help us ask the right questions and answer them rigorously. You’ll work closely with our Product and Business teams to understand their goals and proactively inform their direction with data. You’ll keep taking on new responsibilities as you grow—from defining core metrics to building machine learning models and keeping the data flowing in our pipelines. This role is only available for Summer 2021.
What you'll achieve
- Design and analyze experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigate high-level questions such as “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Add new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Build models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn.
- Ability to craft your career path, ultimately finding the teams and projects that you’re passionate about where you can most help humanity thrive.
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical discipline
- Experience with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
Learn more about Data Science and Engineering at Asana:
- Our Asana Engineering blog
- The Asana Engineering Guide to Intern Mentorship
- Usage at Asana as described by our Data Science Team
- Why I joined Asana: Rishika Dhody, Data Scientist
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.