Sr. Data Scientist
New York, NY
Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously and encourage a culture of decisions supported by data for both product and business development. As members of the Business Intelligence team, we turn data into helpful, impactful insights for the entire organization, and we are looking for an experienced senior data scientist to support our Business Intelligence and Data Analytics teams working with our Engineering teams to drive cost optimization and behavioral insights. This person should have a strong background in statistics and time series modeling and be an effective communicator with a wide variety of partners. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and results, ideally with experience in a fast-paced environment driven by data.
What you'll do:
- This role reports to our VP of Data Analytics and works closely with our Engineering, Finance, and Product teams to reduce costs related to our technology infrastructure [hosting, storage, delivery, data architecture] by developing comprehensive cost models and scenario analyses incorporating shifts in data traffic
- Work with our machine learning researchers to identify user behaviors and personas to better understand drivers of hosting costs
- Create and maintain, in collaboration with our data engineers and data analysts, high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address product and business questions
- Ability to work independently and source and own new projects without explicit guidance
- Convert technical findings into business insights and provide recommendations
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Master’s or PhD with 3+ years in a Data Science role or Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 5+ years in a Data Science / Data Analytics role
- Experience with:
- SQL and Python is a must, with the usual data science-centric libraries
- Working with large data sets (petabyte scale) and Engineering teams is preferred
- SaaS (specifically subscription) metrics and cohort modeling
- Hypothesis testing, A/B testing, Bayesian inference, time series modeling, linear and non-linear regression, clustering and classification, as well as statistical and machine learning methods
- Expertise with video delivery stacks a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills, data sensibility, and an inclination to educate
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects and produce tangible results
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.