Senior Data Analyst
New York City
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Data Analyst will play a meaningful role in further developing our rapidly growing Data Analytics function. Partnering with stakeholders within the analytics team and around the business, this role will surface key insights to drive business decision making and co-own our emerging analytics engineering practice. This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills, and who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Surface insights to drive executive decision making across the business
- Improve and maintain high-visibility recurring reporting and supporting data sets
- Serve as liaison between Marketing and Data Architecture teams to design and implement custom analytical views
- Partner with data engineering to expose governed datasets to the rest of the organization
- Make the team more efficient: Research and implement new tooling/processes; seek out and automate existing costly manual processes
- Serve as an analytical and technical thought partner to stakeholders across the analytics, marketing, and growth teams.
Skills & attributes
- 3-5 years of hands-on analytics experience
- Strong analytical and data wrangling skills
- Business-first and customer focused mindset with the ability to quickly establish requirements and turn-around analytical outputs
- Advanced SQL skills with demonstrated ability to write efficient, complex queries
- Proud generalist, excited by the opportunity to grow analytical and technical skills, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Committed to continuous improvement, with a passion for building processes/tools to make everyone more efficient
- Methodical with strong attention to detail
- Effective at communicating with non-technical audiences
- Committed to contributing to a collaborative, enjoyable, and psychologically safe work environment
MongoDB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.