Data Analyst - Finance
Data Analyst - Finance
As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials & pricing. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Due to continued and rapid growth we’re on the hunt for a Finance Analyst to join our Financial Planning team (FP&A) in Shoreditch, London. You’ll be part of the team that helps pilot the rocket ship.
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- Your main focus will be using your technical skills to develop and support new pricing models and propositions
- You will work cross-team and drive pricing proposals from initial stages to final deployment for customers
- You will further be evolving our existing pricing structures to be an accurate representation of the underlying products and business and ensuring the consistency and reliability of those
- The structured process you develop and maintain should be as automated as possible and the outputs adhere to numerous internal requirements
- This will involve working within our product and analyst community to deeply understand the link between our product and financials, as well as other teams’ analytics and TransferWise’s systems
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role - in using data to help understand TransferWise’s economics, you will develop and maintain models of our costs and support the team that sets the price that our customers pay
- Own your own path to success - you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Learn and grow - there’s a lot to be done!
A bit about you:
- Passionate about what we’re building at TransferWise
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies
- Strong command of SQL, ideally you also have experience with Python or you're willing to pick it up
- Can work autonomously, take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to operate to defined timelines while working and effectively communicating with people from different backgrounds - from engineers building systems to non-technical stakeholders
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones with flexibility and a can do attitude
- Ideally you have worked in a finance team before and know the basic terminology
- Eager to learn fast and continuously about finance and accounting, modern systems and understand how they work
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
Some of your benefits:
- Competitive package including salary, stock options
A bit about TransferWise:
We’re a global tech company with a big mission and a start up heart.
We like to think we’re the perfect mix of big and small. Big enough to solve problems for millions of customers but small enough to still be growing at the speed of light. Big enough to flip an industry on its head but still small enough to have a long way to go.
What’s in it for you?
We’re focused on one mission: money without borders. And, because we’re still growing, you can get close to customers and really understand the challenges we need to solve.
Our people are the most intelligent, curious people in the business and we’re big enough to attract them. But we’re still small enough for individuals to matter and thrive.
We won’t stop until everyone can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, in any currency.