Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Redwood City, CA
The Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives. We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer, Big Data Platform to be a key part of this mission
The role requires partnering with Data Scientists, Analysts, Engineers and Product to identify big datasets, build data apps and ETL pipelines. In addition, this role involves making an impact by driving continuous improvements in moving, aggregating, profiling, sampling, testing and analyzing terabytes of data.
- Build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Responsible for EDW/Big Data data warehouse application design, data quality, development and testing/deployment strategy.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures
- Get familiar with poshmark ecosystem i.e data Infrastructure and data tools - Redshift, Spark, Druid etc.
- Help optimize current tools and ETL used for various business needs
- Identify gaps in current infrastructure and propose solutions
- Start exploring design for the enrichment pipeline and propose design
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists and analytics on different projects.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Build a realtime enrichment pipeline and deploy its first use cases.
- Productionize machine learning models.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to improve data collection and data quality.
- Experience in building highly scalable solutions in data storage, real-time analysis and reporting for multi-terabyte data sets
- Expertise architecting and building large-scale data processing systems using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Druid, Flink etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid software development skills in Java, C, C++, or Scala
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to execute deliverables
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and patterns.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.