Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Homefeed Ranking
San Francisco, CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Homefeed is a discovery platform at Pinterest that helps users find and explore their personal interests. We work with some of the largest datasets in the world, tailoring over billions of unique content to 400M+ users. Our content ranges across all categories like home decor, fashion, food, DIY, technology, travel, automotive, and much more. Our dataset is rich with textual and visual content and has nice graph properties — harnessing these signals at scale is a significant challenge. The Homefeed ranking team focuses on the machine learning model that predicts how likely a user will interact with a certain piece of content, as well as leveraging those individual prediction scores for holistic optimization to present users with a feed of diverse content.
What you’ll do:
- Apply the latest advances in deep learning and machine learning to personalize Pinterest user's Homefeeds
- Develop new features to improve our user and pin understanding in our models
- Impact 400M+ monthly active users by developing the next generation of discovery technologies
- Work in a high-impact environment with quick experimentation and product launches
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate about recommendation systems and deep learning
- 5+ years experience applying machine learning methods in settings like recommender systems, search, user modeling, image recognition, graph representation learning, natural language processing
- Experience building pipelines for large scale data processing