Senior Machine Learning Engineer
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The Machine Learning Infrastructure team at Reddit is a high impact team that owns the infrastructure that powers recommendations, content discovery, user and content quantification, while directly impacting other teams such as Growth, Ads, Feeds, and Core Machine Learning teams.
How You'll Have Impact:
As the 6th largest site on the internet, Reddit generates billions of events and terabytes of data in a day. You will own projects from ideation to production instead of being stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. We are looking for the best and the brightest Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineers to join us in solving hard problems in order to enable products that millions of users will love, and ultimately bring community and belonging to Reddit’s users. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
You will be instrumental in architecting, implementing, and maintaining a state-of-the-art Machine Learning platform that powers Feeds Ranking, Content Understanding, Recommendations and much more. This includes, but is not limited to, model CI/CD, feature engineering pipelines, training pipelines, model monitoring and alerting. This role will be laser focused on developing core platform capabilities to support the rapidly growing use of Machine Learning techniques within Reddit. You will be in the unique position to revolutionize and enable personalized content discovery using Machine Learning techniques including Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, Representation Learning and Computer Vision.
- Build and maintain Reddit's machine learning and feature engineering pipelines
- Build and maintain Reddit’s model management and CI/CD system
- Design and maintain streamlined model training and serving systems
- Expose capabilities that increase the velocity of model development and experimentation
- Partner in the development of a state-of-the-art ML platform that powers the next generation of Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, Representation Learning and Computer Vision.
- Experience developing infrastructure and platforms to power Machine Learning at scale
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.).
- Familiar with large-scale data pipelines and ML / AI techniques. Flink / MLflow / TensorFlow experience.
- Experience with Terraform and Puppet for infrastructure management and automation
- Experience with Kubernetes deployments and cluster management
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences