Data Analyst (Client Services)
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
About the team
This role is within Ocado’s Client Services division. Client Service’s mission is “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they are deployed”. Supporting our clients in a consistent way is essential to our long-term relationship with them; and to our commercial success. The Client Services teams provide all of our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) clients with wide-ranging remote and local support for their platform; so they can deliver their retail customer promises every day.
What would I be doing?
As an Analyst you will specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities within a multi-million pound department, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers through our clients. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the performance of our MHE and IT systems to ensure our retail clients are able to deliver outstanding and consistent customer service.
From providing insight on our warehouse personnel, to monitoring our robotic performance, you will help to drive our profitability whilst continuously improving the services we deliver. Your insight will have a direct contribution to Ocado’s long term goal of changing the way the world shops.
- From day one, you will be using data management tools to interrogate Big Data, analysing the results to develop and improve tools, delivering recommendations to senior management and driving operational decisions
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea or a project managed by another department, you will be involved in supporting different projects across the business
- Problem Solving, with our department and business growing rapidly, and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights will develop for you to tackle
- Building reports and KPI packs to support the performance management of the Client Services business division
- Leading investigations into understanding trends and patterns in the performance of our autonomous robots and associated systems
- Analysis of the impact of software and hardware updates on business performance
- Creating data to represent Client Services’ objectives and interests to other functions (e.g. Product Continuous Improvement)
- Liaising with developers and other analysts to ensure data is sourced and used appropriately
What We Would Like To See:
- Accomplished analyst with experience working with Big Data, ideally with 2 or more years analytical experience
- Expereince with Google Suite - Google Studio, Google Data and Big Query
- Analytical or related qualification
- IT literate to explore data sources, and where required create new data sources in collaboration with development teams
- Able to draw conclusions from data and recommend next steps
- Able to use data to create compelling stories and achieve positive outcomes
- Tenacity to follow ideas and problems through to resolution
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience of MHE analysis
- Analytical skills
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business area and externally
- Strong command of analytical SQL and/or Excel, VBA, or similar to these
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.