Director of Data Analytics & Growth
We are looking for a Director of Business Operations & Analytics, which serves a key leadership role in shaping our data-driven, usage based cloud business. You will be responsible for intelligence about our product, our customers, and their behavior. Over time, you will define and build a team to expand these capabilities. As we continue building on the popularity of InfluxDB with developers, you and your team will observe and uncover key aspects of product and customer analysis, providing data-driven insight into catalysts for growth, both from an engineering and go-to-market perspective.
What You’d Be Doing
This role will own the operations and processes to observe, understand, and react to the InfluxDB Cloud business.
Gather the toolset
- Implement new and make use of existing tools to access data across all distribution and GTM channels.
- Bring together disparate systems and internal functions relating to InfluxDB Cloud revenue, usage, onboarding, self-service marketing, sales, etc.
- Make use of existing tools (Domo, Salesforce, AWS/GCP/Azure cloud marketplaces) and source new tools if and when necessary. Optimize on an ongoing basis.
Own the data function
- Create a detailed system of analysis for all aspects of the cloud business, spanning usage, revenue, customer stage, use case, vertical, and geography.
- Build a team of technical business analysts to create & maintain this data, define assumptions, adjust accordingly.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Finance, Sales, Support to validate assumptions, definitions, key metrics to make InfluxDB Cloud successful.
- Define data requirements with functional teams across the org and influence engineering roadmap to deliver them
- Create a shared service of data & analysis for the rest of the company.
- Report on all the KPIs to key stakeholders and the entire company.
Define the GTM formulas
- Understand the inputs necessary to yield specific results.
- Define, recommend and iterate the set of GTM inputs required to help achieve growth objectives, ranging from usage growth to revenue generation to margin.
Apply decision framework
- Create a decision-making framework based on data analysis to validate or refute previously held assumptions, then decide to pivot or persevere on efforts that are underway.
Take a leadership role
- Lead long term, internal technical projects that are data-oriented, collaborating with key internal stakeholders from across the company.
- Present regularly to the executive team and broader company.
- Be an agent of change within the InfluxDB ecosystem - helping the organization remain as data-focused as possible.
- Build a team over time.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Relevant experience in a senior role, such as in consulting, corporate development, strategy, sales operations and/or business operations.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with comfort building scenarios and forecasting models.
- The ability to distill themes from complexity; develop logical frameworks for prioritization.
- Familiarity and comfort with growing and managing a technical team.
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented approach to working, lean into data and quantitative wherever possible.
- Intellectually curious; motivated to dive deep into new projects and related data.
- Well-versed in CRM, e-commerce, supply chain, or marketplace experience.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.