Data Analytics Technical Lead
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neo FinancialNeo Financial™ is shaping the future of how Canadians spend, save, and earn. Join now and discover a modern way to manage your money.
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Data Analytics Technical Lead in Calgary.
A successful Data Analytics Technical Lead at Neo is a hands-on coder and architect who sets the bar for data analytics development excellence; while also running our development process and leading, mentoring, and even interviewing data analytics developers. The Data Analytics Tech Lead will be responsible for delivering data analytics initiatives within a growing team including team deliverables, dev culture, and practices like Kanban, testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
Our Data team’s tech stack is built using Modern Data Architecture. We utilize things like Databricks, s3, Airflow, dbt, Looker, LightDash, and other modern tools. We think that a good Data Analytics Technical Lead can quickly learn any stack.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a Data Analytics development team and own the delivery of our major initiatives.
- Set the pace and set the bar as one of our best hands-on developers.
- Continuously improve with the goal of creating Canada’s top-performing Data Analytics dev team.
- Help plan and evolve our cutting-edge architecture following best-in-industry patterns.
- Own the technology, code, deliverables, and milestones for major development projects.
- Be the voice for concerns like scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Lead standup meetings, retrospectives, code reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
- Help recruit, interview, and hire Data Analytics developers.
- Hold 1:1 meetings with your team, provide technical feedback, and help grow Data Analytics developers to be their best.
- Collaborate with other Technical Leads within the Data team to ensure we’re building the best Data Platform for our internal and external stakeholders.
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience building and delivering Data Analytics projects with a strong track record of exceeding expectations.
- 5+ years of experience being a Technical Lead for a Data Analytics team with demonstrated experience of building, mentoring, and coaching development teams.
- Strong track record of building and implementing data modeling initiatives with a focus on reliability, scalability, and reusability for multiple use cases.
- Knowledge of the current data ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements, etc.
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack.
- Comfort working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar).
- Social involvement and proven ability to interview, engage Data Analytics developers in the community, and above all else, motivate and connect with others.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available.
About applying with us
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
More jobs like this
Jersey City, NJ, United … Jersey City, NJ, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 73K - 120K * USD 73K+ *
Actuarial Associate - Data Engineering & Analytics Lab (DEAL)Agile Big Data Data analysis Data governance Data pipelines Engineering OOP +8
Career development Equity Insurance Team events
College Park, Maryland, United … College Park, Maryland, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 62K - 135K * USD 62K+ *
Riverside Technology, inc.
Senior Data AnalystComputer Science Data analysis Engineering HPC Keras Linux Machine Learning +6
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance
Arlington, Virginia, United States Arlington, Virginia, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 62K - 135K * USD 62K+ *
Summit2Sea Consulting, LLC
Federal Financial Management Data AnalystBusiness Intelligence Consulting Consulting firm Data analysis Data management Excel Power BI +4
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +2
United States - Remote United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 62K - 135K * USD 62K+ *
Sr. Data Analyst, Risk AdjustmentData analysis Data management Data warehouse ETL Mathematics Power BI SAS +4
401(k) matching Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs