Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/x)
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
At the spear-tip of this digitalisation and automation is our “Smart Logistics Business Area”, which aims to provide the business with data-driven tools to support their processes and decisions, be it in the form of raw data from our data warehouse, a fully supported Salesforce-suite, reports and analysis or predictive models and recommendation systems. For the latter part, based in our Berlin HQ, we’re now looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to actively design, create and modify Machine Learning and thereto related systems.
Our engineering teams build user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. We trust and support each other and encourage our engineers to connect together with regular knowledge sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
Autonomy is embraced throughout the whole tech org, we look for engineers that can inspire others to do the same. You should foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Your challenge will be:
- Find new applications and creative methods of applying Machine Learning to various business aspects
- Build, maintain and support microservices that support our Machine Learning core services and models in a microservice-cloud-environment
- Ensure that sennder is always using the most recent best practises and state-of-the-art technology
- Test and actively collect feedback on the performance of various models
- Work closely with management, engineering, and operations to develop and improve our efficiency
To get there you will need:
- Full-stack approach in being able to grab your data, analyse it, build a model and deploy that model in an existing CI/CD-environment. We pride ourselves in being able to fix our own things and drive our own products and prefer jack-of-all-trades over one-trick-ponies.
- Passion for optimisation and new challenges
- Strong analytical mindset
- Proven experience in Python and Machine Learning frameworks
- Excellent English skills
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym
- Countless opportunities to connect in and out of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organisers
- Regular home office and flexible working
- An attractive financial package
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly and supportive atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.