Scientist, Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) – Summer 2021
Are you interested in tackling challenging, real-world problems using the latest techniques in artificial intelligence and machine learning? Are you considering the next step in your career? Charles River Analytics is looking for bright, enthusiastic minds to join our next generation of talented individuals starting June 2021.
We are a 100% employee-owned small business researching new computational approaches and developing novel software for our US Government and commercial customers. That new thing coming out of DARPA? Yep, that’s us. We take great pride in our ability to apply current and emerging artificial intelligence techniques that not only solve real-world problems but attract and retain the most talented and creative problem solvers in our field. Join our team and become an employee-owner at one of Boston’s Best Places to Work!
We are looking for a new graduate Scientist to address challenging problems in domains such as explainable artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, decision-making, autonomous systems, intelligence analysis, and health and medical. You will draw from your experience and work in small, tightly knit teams of scientists and engineers to implement novel applications of new research concepts. Projects will range across machine learning, probabilistic modeling, cybersecurity, data analytics, knowledge representation, natural language processing, computational social science, and search and optimization. Example projects include building explanation systems for deep learning agents in game environments (e.g., StarCraft2), using concepts from linguistics to avoid cyber-attacks, and constructing probabilistic reasoning systems to allow AI to adapt to novel situations.
As a Scientist in Decision Management Systems, you will collaborate with your team to understand the problem, research approaches, design solutions, and evaluate the results. You'll connect with researchers, contribute to and publish papers, attend conferences, and share your findings. At Charles River Analytics, we foster an environment where scientists can develop their personal research interests and are supported by a community to help them thrive.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience implementing solutions using machine learning, causal reasoning, natural language processing, knowledge representation and reasoning, search and optimization, or algorithms from related research areas in artificial intelligence
- Relevant internships, co-op, or industry experience; and/or prior research experience (e.g., senior thesis)
- Demonstrated relevant coursework (e.g., via college transcript) including graduate-level coursework
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Python, Scala, Julia, or C/C++ and a proficiency in at least one
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Keen to learn more about new AI techniques and applications
- Superior written and oral communication skills, demonstrating ability to keep your customers and teammates informed
- Demonstration of code samples (e.g., GitHub, GitLab, work sample assignment response)
- U.S. Citizenship
Our ideal candidate has:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or concentration in artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to create novel contributions to the state of the art (e.g., existing publications)
- Experience working on projects of various sizes, individually and as part of a team
- Experience with one or more of the following or similar:
- Machine learning frameworks (i.e. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Probabilistic models or probabilistic programming
- Cybersecurity related challenges (malware analysis, reverse engineering, vulnerability detection)
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.