Staff Data Scientist, Analytics - Guest Store
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About the team
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
We are looking for talented Data Scientists to join our Guest Store Data Science team. Working alongside other team members to dig deep into Airbnb's marketplace data, you will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative about this highly strategic, fast-growing market. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
Guest Store is responsible for the end to end guest experience on the Airbnb platform and directly develops the homepage, search, booking and pre-trip experience. You will join the analytics data science team, which is responsible for understanding who our guests are, how they use our product, and how we can better serve them.
You will work closely with product teams, cross-functional partners, and other data scientists across the guest experience to drive strategy and product changes through insights. Your initial focus areas:
- Surfacing strategic guest and travel trends from our data, including how use cases and preferences are evolving
- Developing a state-of-the-art understanding of navigation and conversion paths, as well as product frictions in the experience.
- Partnering cross-functionally to build an easy booking experience and fun planning product for our guest community
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Outstanding verbal, written and leadership communication
- Expert in analyzing data using SQL and tools such as Python or R
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience developing business strategy or building products
- Experience with experiment design and interpretation
- Experience building data pipelines in tools such as Airflow
- Preference for Python or R
- Experience with technical mentorship of other data scientists
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status