Senior Data Analyst Wind
VattenfallVattenfall is a leading European energy company and right now we are working towards fossil free living within one generation. Read more about us here.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Do you want to shape the future of Fossil Free Living within one generation? At Vattenfall you can make impact to your cause of pushing renewable energies to next levels using your expertise in Data. We think data is key to the current global energy transition. Do you?
In our Business Unit Offshore we obtain and analyse weather data to optimize our offshore construction works; weather data are also analysed to support our projects building up their business cases. We assess resource (people) related data to understand how many people we need in which project phase. We are continuously looking into how we can broaden the data basis which is subject to our analysis and are running innovative projects to understand e.g. how we can apply artificial intelligence in our projects.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK
We’re now looking for a Senior Data Analyst in Business Unit Offshore Wind.
What will you do?
As Senior Data Analyst you have the following key responsibilities:
- You support several Offshore Wind projects in analysing installation scenarios and assessing the weather impact; you do this mainly to optimize the offshore installation works and to build up the project business case;
- During construction you own, manage and operate our Daily Progress Reports tool to track progress of the installation works and to show performance of our subcontractors doing the installation;
- You provide input to our Project Planner enabling them to build up a robust project schedule, capturing all project activities including the expected weather downtime;
- You own, manage, develop and maintain the tools we use for data analysis;
- You guide and steer our Junior Data Analyst, who is supporting you with your tasks;
- You engage with several stakeholders across the BU Offshore organisation to understand how we can improve our data analysis to even better support our BU Offshore projects.
Location is flexibel
We work as a hybrid team from several locations like Kolding, Amsterdam, Hamburg and London.
Who are you?
We like to welcome new talent to our team that is open, active, positive and who think both health and safety matter!
Wie can imagine that when you are talking to friends or family you are proud to tell you are working within Renewables. You consider the combat against climate change as one of the biggest challenges of our time and you want to be part of it. You are convinced that even at work it is all about people; and cooperation, good communication and stakeholder management is key to reach your professional targets. Whilst working in a dedicated way to achieve these targets you want to live a diverse, balanced and healthy life and you do acknowledge your employer’s efforts to support you here.
Your education has provided you with very strong analytical skills. You gain energy from assessing, structuring, visualizing and analysing complex data and the relevant messages with stakeholders. When communicating with stakeholders who might not be as skilled as you are in terms of data, you manage to communicate in a way that the core message is understood. You use tools to visualize results of your data analysis; the visualization is a key tool of your communication with your stakeholders.
You are keen to develop the area of Data Analysis further to make BU Offshore an even more innovative working place. Besides that you bring:
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing improvements of tools, models and processes to support the future needs of our growing business;
- Experience in offshore wind sector would be considered a plus
- You know that both, your brains and your heart is needed at work;
- You like people, which makes you open towards thoughts and solutions which might differ from yours;
- You are convinced that only a team can make the project a success, which is why you communicate openly, directly, respectfully and efficiently to identify with others the best solution to a problem;
- You take energy from diversity, working in cross-functional teams in our core markets across Europe; you are familiar and comfortable with the virtual office supporting our efforts to reduce our CO2 footprint for business trips;
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written;
- You have good command of tools such as Excel, Matlab, Power Bi or similar.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
At Vattelfall you will work in an open and modern environment and collaborating with expert colleagues who support each other always and anytime. We offering you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues where we focus on resilience, knowing that this is a key element for your wellbeing. Next to that we support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money - join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact our Recruiter Jurriaan Rang via firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
TEAM LEADER – DATA ANALYTICS, MICROELECTRONICS (MEMS) SENSOR DEVELOPMENTAutonomous Driving Big Data Data Analytics Engineering Finance Git Hadoop +7
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs