Lead Data Engineer - India
Cermati.comNikmati layanan pinjaman online, KTA, kartu kredit, asuransi, dan pembayaran tagihan online terbaik di Indonesia. Cermati.com menyediakan layanan finansial sesuai kebutuhan dimana saja dan kapan saja dalam satu aplikasi.
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
The candidate should be able to design high performance, maintainable, extensible software architectures to solve abstract business problems. Here are some example business problems:
"We want to reduce the time for productionizing experimental machine learning features to 1 day"
"We want to completely automate the credit approval process while maintaining an accuracy of >90% when compared with manual approval"
They should be able to translate the high level design into a series of tasks that can be executed by other software engineers working in parallel
The high level designs are usually design documents consisting of relevant block diagrams, UML diagrams meant to be consumed by other engineering leaders and software engineers
They must be able to work with international teams effectively. They will be required to communicate with:
- Clients who may not necessarily be software engineers (marketing teams, business development team etc)
- Software engineers and tech leads to communicate the design in a simple yet accurate language without compromising details.
They would be leading a team of talented but possibly inexperienced engineers who will look to you for mentorship. In a typical day, candidates would be spending
10% of the time project management, 20% of the time doing code review and mentorship, 20% of the time coding (evaluating technologies, doing PoC, etc) 50% of the time requirement gathering, high level design, low level design, roadmap etc
In summary, We are looking for candidates with a “tech first” approach. Candidates must be first and foremost technically strong. They would need experience of people management as a secondary requirement.
The following technical skills would be useful:
- Candidates must be able to understand the trade off between performance, simplicity, maintainability and timeline constraints when developing software solutions
- Should have a minimum of 4 yrs of experience in data engineering.
- Strong hands on experience in java, python is required. Must have shipped multiple projects with a major hands on contribution to each project.
- Experience in Big data technologies: hadoop ecosystem (map reduce, spark, kafka)
- Experience in different storage technologies: OLTP like postgres, OLAP like redshift, Google bigquery, NoSQl like redis, hbase, kafka
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and concepts (gradient descent, logistic regression) and software libraries like pandas, tensorflow, etc
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer - RemoteAirflow AWS CI/CD Computer Vision Databricks Data pipelines Data Warehousing +24
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs