Manager Data Science (Client consulting)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa s Consulting and Data Science team is a key part of the Global Solutions organization a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce with cutting-edge, creative, and advanced analytic solutions. The purpose of this team is to help Visa s clients to grow their business & solve their problems by providing consulting services through visa data.
What a Data Scientist CoE does at Visa:
- The person will be part of the Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) team will report into Hub data science lead
- Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building & helping our partners to build data science capabilities & analytical solutions to solve their business problems
- Working knowledge in retail banking & credit card domain to guide the teams on the solution architecture
- Drive innovation through using data science techniques
- Act as data science advocate within our partners, advising and coaching analytical teams and sharing best practices and case studies.
- Continually look at the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, potential analytics partners, tools, talent, and infrastructure.
- Explore leading methodologies and best practices to other teams and importing successful methodologies from other international markets.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
QualificationsProfessional Experience :
• Minimum of 6 or more years of analytics expertise with 1-3 years experience leading team in applying statistical solutions to business problems
• Experience working in one or more of the Card Payments markets around the globe
• Experience in banking / consumer lending industry preferred
• Experience in credit risk analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation, and automation etc.)
• Strong knowledge of credit card domain expertise i.e. Risk, Marketing, Portfolio, Rewards etc.
• Deep understanding of credit card P&L, campaign management, customer lifecycle, Credit Scoring for Consumer, Alternate Data Scoring, Authorization etc.
• Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear and Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis etc.
• Understanding of credit bureaus and non-traditional data providers will be a plus
• Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
• Post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
• Good understanding of the Payments and Banking Industry including aspects such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-branded and merchant
• Good knowledge of data, market intelligence, business intelligence, and AI-driven tools and technologies
• Experience planning, organizing, and managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Other jobs like this
Senior Lead Consultant - Implementation Conversion Technical - Data Migration with ETL Tools and conceptsBanking Data analysis Data management Data Warehousing DevOps ETL Excel +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Startup environment Team events
Sr. Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics ThailandBanking Classification Computer Science Consulting Data Analytics Data Mining Deep Learning +11
Career development Flex hours Startup environment
Lead Data Engineer (python+ETL+AWS)Agile APIs AWS Big Data Engineering ETL Git +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs