Data Scientist- Visa Consulting and Analytics- Masters New College Grad- Atlanta- 2023
Atlanta, GA, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
We are working on multiple technology stacks and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our Commercial Payments organization in Foster City, CA. Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment Global adoption on Cross-Border funds movement, innovation agenda and the management of strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. This includes:
- Distributed-Ledger based Cross border payment platform
- Near time Settlement
- Enterprise ID stamping to create a digital identity for corporate entities
- Hyperledger chain-code development
- End-to-End Payment eco-system
- Analytics and Data visualization
You can learn more about our work here:
- Work on emerging technologies, building distributed applications
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Software Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Partner with Product on implementation strategy.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience with distributed software development
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of software development: data, server-side, UI, and open-source software.
- Experience with Linux, Open source, C++ or Java, client-server apps
- Expertise in at least two of the following: Java / Go / Scala / Python,
- Knowledge of developing Data Pipeline, including Ingestion, Transformation, Extraction etc. is expected
- Experience in large Data Pipeline handing is a big plus
- Familiar with container strategies and ecosystems such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration
- BlockChain technical expertise is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist - Research, Development & ConstructionComputer Science Data Analytics Data visualization Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning MySQL +7
Health Care Data Analyst / Clinical Data Analyst @ SpectraMedix, East Windsor, New JerseyData analysis Data Analytics Python SQL Tableau
Fitness / gym Health care Salary bonus Team events
Palo Alto Networks
Staff Cloud Analytics Data Engineer, FinOpsAWS Azure Big Data BigQuery Computer Science Engineering Finance +7
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus
Senior Data Analyst, Product, TIDALAgile Banking Blockchain Business Intelligence Computer Science Crypto Data Analytics +11
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs