StarschemaStrategic Data Consulting, Data Science and Visualization, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering for Banking and Finance, Logistics, Manufacturing,…
At Starschema we believe that data has the power to change the world and data-driven organizations are leading the way. We help organizations use data to make better business decisions, build smarter products, and deliver more value for their customers, employees and investors. We dig into our customers’ toughest business problems, design solutions and build the technology needed to address today’s unique challenges.
What you can expect as a Starschema team member
As a member of the Starschema team, you will be on the front lines of digital transformation, working with some of the most innovative Fortune 500 companies to drive innovation and realize the promise of data-driven cultures. You will learn and use the latest data-centric technologies along with the core industry technologies.
Our team is inclusive and fun. While we take our work seriously, we know how to have a good time while doing so. We encourage everyone to share their opinions and ideas, and our leadership wants to hear everyone’s input no matter what role they play in the organization.
Your future at Starschema
You may have heard that Starschema has been acquired by HCL Technologies. While we have new ownership, our immediate leadership will not change, and we will function as a self-directed operating unit. This ownership change will enable Starschema to grow at an unprecedented rate and this means many career advancement opportunities for all our team members. We will not only have more operating resources to draw upon, but also have a broad array of excellent training programs — from highly technical to everyday soft skills to leadership and everything in between. We’ve always have had a culture of “never stop learning” and we’re now taking that to the next level.
Starschema is looking for experienced BI developers to participate in various projects and support our customers to become data-driven. The daily activities include but are not limited to the following activities:
Design, develop and support data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting systems to build an integrated data model.
Create extract, transform, and load processes (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using various traditional and large-scale distributed data systems.
Analyze existing reports, interpretation, and implementation on the integrated data model.
Maintenance of existing reports based on business specifications.
Data model design, development, and maintenance.
Apply best practices for database and query performance optimization.
Daily written and oral communication with the clients, other developers, infrastructure, and support teams.
Continuously looking for better solutions and recommending new technologies/ideas to the client.
Contribution to the migration of existing processes from on-premise environments to cloud-based technologies.
Participation in data quality and other issue analysis and resolution.
Implementing data cleaning processing based on business specifications.
At least 2-3 years experience in SQL development.
Strong technical knowledge of data integration tools, data modeling tools, metadata tools, and database design.
Strong proficiency in SQL programming, query writing, query performance tuning, and database technologies.
Experience in data processing using traditional and distributed systems.
Experience writing and maintaining ETLs that operate on various structured and unstructured sources.
Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Ability to manage parallel tasks.
Good problem-solving skills.
Experience in working within projects.
Excellent communications skills in English (both written and oral).
Intelligent, communicative, team-player personality, who is interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
Experience designing data models and data warehouses.
Experience supporting data visualization efforts with Power BI/Tableau
Experience with Microsoft Azure/AWS Cloud platforms.
Experience in delivering solutions based on complex business requirements.
Experience in Python development
What's In It For You:
Our guideline is for everyone to be in-office for two days a week. But we don't track it, we don't check it and we keep an open mind. Anyone can talk to their team leaders to change their home office policy to fit their own situation. We want everyone to come in for the right reasons: to meet colleagues in person, to brainstorm together on a whiteboard and for those chance meetings in the hall or by the coffee machine.
Benefits & Community:
A healthy lifestyle and the feeling of belonging are important to us, for both body and mind. We provide:
- Medicover health insurance (with yearly check-ups)
- BKV pass or parking space
- Unlimited Life1 gym pass (for any Life1 gym in Budapest) or gym pass reimbursement in Szeged
- Company mobile phone and subscription (for personal use also)
- Company laptop
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – an independent, third-party counseling service that you can call 24/7
- Online English class once a week
- Professional & soft skill trainings
- Referral bonus when you successfully bring in a friend for an open position
- Baby bonus for the primary caregiver, paternity leave for the secondary caregiver, baby box for newborns
- Lots and lots of fruit in the office
- Free massage in the office (biweekly)
- Online yoga once a week
- Soccer court for our Starschema football team
- A hiking community that goes on hiking and bicycle trips
- Active social life – frequent organized and impromptu drinks, food and music
- Professional community events on a regular basis
- Dog-friendly office in terms of facilities and people
- Birthday holiday - an additional day off for you to relax and enjoy the most precious day in the year
Salary range: We believe in open communication and no BS. For this role, depending on your experience and level of expertise, in the case of medior level the salary range is between gross 750.000 - 1.000.000. If you are more experienced than a medior it can get up to 1.200.000 HUF gross.
Start date: As soon as possible – but if the right person comes along, we're willing to wait for you until you finish your notice period in your current workplace.
You might also want to know:
Start Date: The sooner the better, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it is still fine, we will wait for the right person!
1. Phone conversation with one of our HR BPs - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. Online test via Hackerrank - You will have to fill out our SQL test that takes 1.5 - 2 hours.
3. Video interview with the experts on the team. They will tell you more about the Data Engineering role at Starschema, and you will also talk about your professional background.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs