Cloud Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Engineer
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”
Eurofins is currently accelerating the deployment of standard processes across its laboratories. A key aspect of this is related to its Information Systems (EurIS) in which the central and regional web-based Marketing & Offer applications are essential. We call this system ComLIMS.
The main objective of this opportunity is to join the IT Solutions Development Team to support both technical evolutions and better business needs coverage on select system functions.
ComLIMS leverages UML modularisation, recent Microsoft technologies (Visual Studio 2015, ASP.NET MVC, C#, and MS SQL Server) and a few SOA Integration patterns.
We will look for you to contribute to the delivery of a high quality software system together with the team (including design, code, tests, documentation) and embrace high quality engineering and guidelines of the target solutions.
You will also adopt Agile practices and well-known modularisation practices (UML)
Developing strong working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with select Eurofins user groups will also be a key aspect of your function.
Does all of the above sound like you?
If so, apply here and we can have a more detailed discussion about the opportunity.
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
You will have at least 5 years of working experience as a system engineer with hands-on experience in Azure Cloud, with Bachelor/Masters degree in a relevant field. Strong technical and analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of Azure architecture.
You have worked in international environment with various stakeholders. Follow and promote development practices and policies to produce high quality software. Also create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions?
- Experience with DWH concepts, Design and developing through ETL - SSIS package;
- Experience in Azure & Cloud DB technologies;
- Analyse data models, data relationships, and dependencies;
- Build various SQL Server based solutions (Procedures, views, functions);
- Monitor data integration and reporting anomalies and make adjustments as required;
- Query and execute formulas to prepare data in a suitable format for visualization;
- Investigating Database related issues and queries optimization;
- Proficient in tuning T-SQL queries to improve the database performance and availability;
- Experience with Dynamic Queries in monitoring SQL Server Performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor;
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance;
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Keys;
- Reporting through SSRS (Drilldown,Drillthrough,Linked) reports, Subreports from new or existing datasets and ensure data integrity;
- Knowledge on Big Data would be an asset;
- Azure Data Lake gen-V2, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory , Azure Stream Analytics;
- Implementation knowledge through Spark & Scala;
- Knowledge of Azure Dev-ops, CI/CD pipeline.
If interested, please apply!
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Natural Language Processing (Remote)Biology CAD Engineering Machine Learning ML models NLP Pandas +7
Career development Equity Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +3
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Spam (Remote)Data analysis Engineering ETL Machine Learning ML models MLOps Pipelines +7
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs