Data Analyst - Insights
TruecallerWe have identified 184.5 billion unknown calls & helped in blocking 37.8 billion spam calls in 2021. Download the Truecaller app for free today for safer communication!
Hello, Truecaller is calling you from India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 300 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We in the Insights Team responsible for SMS Categorization and other Smart SMS features within the Truecaller app. The OTP & bank notifications, bill reminder alerts, and the tab called “Important” are some examples of the Smart SMS features. The team has developed a patented offline text parser that powers all these features. The team’s mission is to become the World’s most loved and trusted SMS app which is aligned with Truecaller’s vision to make communication safe and efficient. Truecaller is already the biggest third party SMS app with over 15 Million default SMS users worldwide. The responsibility of the data scientist /Analysts would be to help the team scale these features across different countries and languages.”
As a Data Analyst, you will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions and identify opportunities. You will help create extensive dashboards for the team and the organization to leverage while determining the direction of the product, publish insights for the organization, and will also help occasionally with data collection.
Your primary focus will be in data visualization, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality user demographics and user interaction funnels.
You will also focus on creating data pipelines to automate collection, cleaning and aggregation of data.
What do we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis (experience working for a Product oriented company is a plus)
- Expertise in querying languages:- SQL is a must, experience in Hive, Spark is a plus
- Expertise in data visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio etc.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good understanding of A/B experiments and hands-on experience is a plus.
- Good scripting and programming skills & great communication skills.
What will you work on
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the data visualisation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products.
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends & opportunities
- Inform, influence, support and execute product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of products
- Analyse massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Creating automated data-pipelines for collecting and aggregate user level data & carrying out ad hoc analysis on a requirement basis
It would be great if you also have
- Prior experience working with product based startups
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Bengaluru India. For more information please contact Chaitra Udupa our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: email@example.com
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- A environment where we learn and share together
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football, Geek lunches, Lab Days and a lot more fun
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, accident & term life insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Sr. Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics ThailandBanking Classification Computer Science Consulting Data Analytics Data Mining Deep Learning +11
Career development Flex hours Startup environment
Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided)Business Intelligence Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data Mining Data visualization Economics +11
Career development Team events
Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided)Computer Science Data analysis Data Mining Data visualization Economics Machine Learning Mathematics +7
Career development Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs