Risk and Payments Data Analyst
Toronto, ON, Canada
Points is a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, leveraging its unique Loyalty Commerce Platform and analytic expertise to build, power, and grow a network of ways members can get and use their favourite loyalty currency. Our platform combines insights, technology, and resources to make the movement of loyalty currency simpler and more intelligent for nearly 60 reward programs worldwide. Founded in 2000, Points is headquartered in Toronto with teams operating around the globe. Points was acquired by Plusgrade in 2022, making the combined companies the global leaders in ancillary revenue for the travel industry.
Points is looking for a Risk and Payments Data Analyst to join our Risk & Payments team for a permanent position.
If you are passionate about working with a diverse group of people who are all working together for the success of our team and company then please read on. We are the team that works together to support the successful growth of our company through the mitigation of online fraud and payments enablement. This specific role would focus on the analysis and reporting of our current authorization rates, fees and the commercial impact of processing payments.
This role reports to the Manager of Risk Operations & Analytics. Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Independently identify and leverage multiple data points to extract and summarize actionable insights through descriptive, predictive and prescriptive methodologies.
- Analyze current transaction processing costs based on multiple dimensions as well as assessing and forecasting potential future PSPs.
- Leverage Data analytic tools (such as Tableau, Alteryx, Excel) to manipulate data, build and enhance the reports, charts, and dashboards in support of resolving issues and delivering on our strategic global growth plan.
- Understand domicility and localization rules / requirements and apply knowledge to make recommendations on improving payment metrics and Points’ payment strategy.
- Stay on top of and report on payment Rules and Regulations regarding the processing of electronic payments.
- Research international and regionally specific payment methods applicable to the Travel & Loyalty sectors.
- This person will be able to successfully turn their research and analysis into informative presentations that will help to support the current and future of payments for Points.
- Business Understanding - Working knowledge or prior experience in the Payments space (including but not limited to Credit Cards, Debit & Mobile wallets)
- Corporate working culture - excellent communication skills, speak up to ask questions, to challenge, to give suggestions. Understand the value of teamwork, collaborative environment, etc.
Specialized Technical Knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with advanced Excel skills, including lookups, formulas, pivot tables, charting, data tables, etc.
- A high level of analytics experience to include but not limited to SQL, Alteryx and Tableau.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Comfortable with learning new softwares.
- Knowledge of Jira is an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience in the payments industry is an asset
What we offer:
- Flexible hours
- Extra days off
- Extended health care from day one
- Parental leave top-op
- Fitness Credit
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Learning & Development
- Free coffee, snacks & drinks
- The best Technology
- YOLO leave
- Green Commute or WFH credits
- Company-sponsored activities such as bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
Recruiter Phone Interview
Hiring Manager Interview
Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (If applicable)
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Data Analyst II - Statistician (Virtual)Computer Science Data analysis Engineering FinTech KPIs Machine Learning Python +2
Career development Health care Insurance Startup environment
Health Care Data Analyst / Clinical Data Analyst @ SpectraMedix, East Windsor, New JerseyData analysis Data Analytics Python SQL Tableau
Fitness / gym Health care Salary bonus Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs