Lead Data Scientist, Go To Market
Santa Clara, CALIFORNIA, United States
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We’re not yesterday’s IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We’re redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth. We’re all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow’s journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers—when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
As ServiceNow continues its unprecedented growth, the company seeks to further establish its data and advanced analytics foundation and capabilities. ServiceNow is seeking a proactive, passionate data leader to deliver the most strategic insights to the company. The Staff Business Insights Analyst will provide insights and recommendations to guide the business by conducting in-depth analytical studies as well as proactively monitoring the real-time health of the business. This role is a hybrid of traditional roles in strategy, business/customer analysis, research, data science and data visualization – requiring a mix of strategic thinking, analytics and data management, and business operations skills. This position will be reporting to the Senior Director, Research & Insights.
We are looking for a talented individual with a strategic viewpoint who can grow and adapt along with our fast-paced business. The ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, has high analytical capability and is passionate about creating innovative analysis to understand trends and identify opportunities. This individual is energized by creating actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders and is highly collaborative with both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
What you get to do in this role:
· Lead and contribute to analysis on business performance. Works autonomously to proactively uncover trends and anomalies, utilizes univariate and multivariate methods to understand relationships and develops actionable insights from analysis that will drive business decisions and actions.
· Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers; transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
· Create frameworks to better understand and monitor key business activities. Contribute solutions to improve monitoring and alert systems for Data and Analytics.
· Partner with key business leaders. Prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision-making.
· Improve operational excellence through proactive identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows.
· Build cross-functional relationships and be able to establish resources to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of the business. Proactively identify areas for deeper analysis and study.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business or a related field). Master’s Degree is a plus.
· 8+ years of prior experience in business, strategy, analytics and/or research or equivalent
· Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide actionable recommendations through effective and compelling storytelling.
· Exposure to end-to-end enterprise business processes across Marketing, Customer acquisition, Sales, Customer Success, Renewal, Professional services, Product / Usage Analytics, Customer Support, Finance, etc. in a cloud-based business model.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand. Demonstrated passion for connecting the dots, digging deeper to uncover stories and trends in data, with a keen eye for detail.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different functions
· Experience with R, SAS, or Python or equivalent.
· Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with Tableau, Power BI (or similar analytical packages) a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist - Research, Development & ConstructionComputer Science Data Analytics Data visualization Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning MySQL +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs