Senior Product Manager II, Data and Machine Learning
You will work across the entire organization to ensure your products and features support your end users' needs. You must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of Pie-oneers from frontline customer success, sales, and underwriting through the Executive level and external stakeholders.
As Senior Product Manager, you will leverage your knowledge of product management and data and Machine Learning (ML) analytics to shepherd the build-out of innovative and easy-to-use applications and capabilities supporting our businesses. The product and capabilities you build would have a broad impact on direct-to-consumer and partner sales, direct-to-consumer and partner service, internal automation systems for Sales, Underwriting, Business Development, and Customer Service. You will consistently question conventional and ingrained insurance processes and frameworks and deliver innovative ways to reimagine them.
How You’ll Do It
- Building out innovative, disruptive data and ML analytics products to deliver a personalized and affordable experience to our customers powered by data and technology.
- Empower our internal teams with intelligent insights and touchless automation
- Understand the needs and pain points of internal and external customers; Research, external data sources, to identify use cases to address customers’ pain points meaningfully.
- Explore data and ways to extract signals that can be used to automate decisions, augment operations and enhance user experience.
- Breaking down processes so they can be rebuilt in ways that fundamentally challenge the industry status quo.
- Aligning our product roadmap directly with business and consumer goals to establish best-of-breed applications that continually strive to disrupt the existing landscape.
- Prioritizing feature development and workstreams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Own the delivery and quality of your products and the business outcomes. Be scrappy. Challenge Convention. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy-to-understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles are or how limited the resources are.
- Demonstrate ownership mentality across a product and the ability to contribute to or create a near-term product roadmap that aligns with the broader team and company goals
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience with data and analytics products. Preferable in the financial and/or insurance domain.
- Track record of successful product delivery
- Experience working with data management, modeling, and analytics required
- Experience with AI, machine-learning products, and MLOps preferred.
- Experience in building a data platform or data solution is required.
- Proficient knowledge of querying languages and tools (SQL, Looker, etc.), and exposure to ML languages (Python) preferred. Experience with Graph and Geo-Spatial analytics a plus.
- Ability to synthesize information and distill it down to a clear message or plan
- Able to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, able to tailor to and engage different audiences.
- Adept at managing and prioritizing across many partners
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- Creative and critical thinker
Compensation Range for position: $145,000 - $200,000
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs