Engineering Team Lead, Data Modelling
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Working in Product Development at Wolt
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done. You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
The behind the scenes of Wolt is run by an awesome bunch of over 400+ planners, builders, designers and data crunchers. We call ourselves Product+, as we’re the very core of Wolt’s products, tools and platforms. To build our products, we work in over 40 cross-functional, independent and autonomous teams. Teams are made up of a mix of talented individuals: engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts, and product leads. Each team takes ownership for solving customer problems in the best possible way.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
We are putting together a new engineering team in our Data domain and we are looking for someone to take its lead!
If you’re looking for a role to combine your engineering and leadership skills in a very complex area - this is it! 🚀
During the latter part of 2022 we have gained more understanding of where we should be with our data warehousing in terms of layout and features. The current warehouse is architected primarily as a source data store and requires a lot of domain knowledge to extract maximum value out of the data.
The adoption of our data warehouse is a key point to perform decision making in multiple different scenarios -- product A/B testing, operational efficiency, business efficiency, to name a few. With these use cases expanding across all organizations at Wolt, having a more ergonomic and less cumbersome data model becomes essential to support faster and safer data analysis.
Together with your team you will be responsible for architecting, developing, managing and improving Wolt’s Data Warehouse Data Model, making sure it can be integrated with the workflow of our Analysts and the rest of the organization and our Data Engineering tools, ultimately becoming the one stop shop for sourcing data for all BI use cases and more.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
- As a Team Lead you will be planning the work and focus areas to ensure our next generation Data Warehouse Data Model can be implemented and rolled out, while helping the team get settled with ways of working.
- You want to take care of your team members, help them strive and achieve goals together! You’ll be making personal development plans and hosting regular 1on1s to support their growth, as well as have a huge role in hiring the right people to the team.
- Good communication and collaboration skills are essential, and you shouldn’t shy away from problems, but can discuss them in a constructive way with your team and the Wolt Product team at large.
- Your solid background in data modelling and data engineering will allow you to integrate the concepts within our data stack. You will be able to speak the same language with your team and others, as well as contribute to the hands-on work.
- We work with Python, Kafka, Spark, Postgres, Snowflake, & Kubernetes. The nature of our business causes our data to have high density, cardinality, speed and size. We often see datasets in the >100B scale at this point.
- We also highly appreciate any previous experience in team leading, and as mentioned, are looking for the combination of technical and people leading skills.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Janeta (email@example.com).
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs