Analytics Engineer (Multiple domains)
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Working in Product Development at Wolt
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done. You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
The behind the scenes of Wolt is run by an awesome bunch of over 400+ planners, builders, designers and data crunchers. We call ourselves Product+, as we’re the very core of Wolt’s products, tools and platforms. To build our products, we work in over 40 cross-functional, independent and autonomous teams. Teams are made up of a mix of talented individuals: engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts, and product leads. Each team takes ownership for solving customer problems in the best possible way.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical area that covers three different teams — data science, product data analytics, and business intelligence. The complexity of online delivery, differences in the economics and dynamics of the cities we operate in and vast amounts of data make our work truly interesting!
Now we are looking for several Analytics Engineers to join us in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or fully remote in Finland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, or Estonia! Read more about our remote setup here.
About the role
The role is focused on the business needs - you’ll be working within a cross-functional team, making sure your teammates get the insights needed for their operations. The role requires interpreting the needs and requests of our internal stakeholders, and transforming them into actionable data. Data analysts and data scientists working in the domain will be your closest partners in your day-to-day work, as your solutions will enable them to create relevant machine learning models and analysis.
Currently, we have multiple domains within Merchant and Consumer groups. During the process, we'll discuss your preferences and help to identify the most exciting domain to proceed with.
Your daily work will include:
• Developing reporting as a whole, from understanding the needs of the business to providing easily understandable and actionable data.
• Working on our centrally maintained Looker data integrations, data pipelines, data models, and dashboards. You'll get to utilize our modern BI stack as part of your work (Python, Looker, Snowflake, Airflow, AWS, Kafka, Github).
What we offer:
• Complex environment with tons of data just waiting to be utilized — you’ll get hands-on experience in working on various projects, tools, and datasets.
• You can choose the ways of working - you can work 100% remote, hybrid with occasional visits to our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin, Stockholm or onsite.
• You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, think big but stay humble, do right by people, treat others kindly and justly, and recognize that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work.
- I’ve never worked with workflow automation tools like Airflow or Azkaban before. Is this a blocker for me to be an Analytics Engineer?
You’ll get to build and maintain data pipelines, which will require you to work with Airflow on a regular basis. Experience with such tools is highly appreciated but not a must as we are willing to teach you. All you need is the desire to learn, and learning will be even easier if you have worked with Python before.
- What is the split of dashboard development and data plumbing tasks?
Focus of this role is on building the basis for reporting needs, hence majority of the tasks will be related to creating datasets, wrangling data and implementing metrics. At the same time, there will be opportunities to create dashboards in order to serve the needs of stakeholders.
- Will I work with raw data or participate in data collection?
You will definitely not be alone in gathering data, our dear Data team consisting of data modeling engineers and data engineers will be your closest contacts in such data collection and modeling tasks.
• Plenty of experience working as a BI Developer, Analytics Engineer or Data Engineer.
• Strong hands-on experience with data integrations, data pipelines, data models, and dashboards.
• Tech skills: Python, SQL, Airflow, Kafka, AWS, and one of the modern BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker or similar).
• Since you’ll be taking care of our internal stakeholders, we’re looking for someone who truly enjoys interacting with people on a daily basis. The ability to search for information and ask relevant questions from various teams will be crucial.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Zhanna Filintseva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Natural Language Processing (Remote)Biology CAD Engineering Machine Learning ML models NLP Pandas +7
Career development Equity Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +3
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Spam (Remote)Data analysis Engineering ETL Machine Learning ML models MLOps Pipelines +7
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs