ML Scientist, Wayfair Professional (B2B)
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Wayfair Machine Learning Science powers automation and decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied and broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast and diverse assortment of home goods. Wayfair Professional is Wayfair’s B2B org; our mission is to be the destination for all things furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) for every business. We serve professional customers in many industries, including Interior Design, Commercial Office, Contractor, Property Management, Accommodations, Foodservice, and Education, with cross-functional teams focused on improving the customer experience in each target vertical / industry.
Wayfair Professional Machine Learning (ML) builds and maintains ML products supporting Wayfair Professional’s growing portfolio of business initiatives. We use first- and third-party data to identify Professional customers and their industries, characterize spending patterns, make optimal recommendations to sales agents, and match customers to the best customer experience both on-site and with their account managers. With applications in marketing, sales, storefront, and pricing, the Wayfair Professional ML team has a uniquely broad impact.
As a Machine Learning Scientist within the Wayfair Professional ML, you will develop and deploy ML products that power algorithmic decision-making across the business. You’ll process petabytes of first- and third-party data, deploy both real time models triggered by customer actions (sub-second SLA) and batch models (hundreds of millions of predictions daily) into production, measure impact using Wayfair’s A/B and MAB testing platforms. Ultimately, you’ll leverage a wealth of data and your ML expertise to maximize ROI on billions of annual customer interactions.
What You'll Do
- Build machine learning models to drive algorithm decision making across Marketing, Sales, Storefront, Operations & Pricing domains for Wayfair Professional
- Build highly scalable distributed data processing platforms that evaluate the long-term incremental value of our millions of offerings and of actions that the business can take
- Collaborate with other data scientists to build high quality ML models that can robustly scale up to large volumes in production
- Partner closely with various business & engineering teams to drive the integration of our model outputs & algorithmic decision-making systems into existing production systems
- You’ll be a builder of tools, software, and microservices that enhance or streamline various steps or challenges within the data science workflow & our tech stack
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks for scalable model training & deployment
- Own the full data science life cycle: scoping to prototyping, testing, deploying, measuring value and iterating
- Identify and innovate new opportunities to drive business results through data science
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment, and advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.)
- Thorough command of general data science and machine learning techniques
- Machine Learning experience (supervised/unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning, etc.). A strong understanding of fundamental concepts related to performance metrics, feature selection, model calibration, hyperparameter tuning, etc. is essential
- Proficient at Python. Knowledge of other programming languages like R, Java, etc. is a plus; experience with Spark is a plus.
- Comfortable with SQL and ability to wrangle data from various sources. Experience using cloud based tools is a plus.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques (A/B tests, MAB tests, pre-post tests) and related statistical analysis methods
- Commercial experience in production-environment-driven ML design (e.g. having deployed at least one ML solution to scale, etc.) is a strong plus
- Ability to work on cross-functional projects and manage multiple stakeholder groups with competing priorities and different degrees of technical fluency
- Communication skills that can influence across organizations and levels
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Ability to focus on business value / ROI
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.If you are you having any difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at email@example.com.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist - Research, Development & ConstructionComputer Science Data Analytics Data visualization Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning MySQL +7
Data Scientist- Visa Consulting and Analytics- Masters New College Grad- Atlanta- 2023Blockchain Computer Science Consulting Data visualization Docker Kubernetes Linux +3
Career development Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs