(Campus Hire) Associate Data Scientist
Taipei, Taipei, TW
Joining IBM Services as an Associate offers you an opportunity to work on client teams, using technologies to help businesses transform the way they work.
As an Associate, you’ll develop relevant skills and quickly gain meaningful experience. Your network of experts and mentors will provide career coaching and experience with leading technology, while you solve clients’ most challenging problems with future deﬁning solutions.
As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, technical specialist or project manager to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Ready to unleash your potential – for our clients and your career.
Data Scientist will work on a variety of research and development projects leveraging multiple analytical techniques (data mining, text mining, and deep learning). Scope of projects will include Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Analytics, and Image/Video Recognition.
Specifically, you will
- Collaborate with a global Data Science team to develop and implement methodologies
- Work with solution leaders and engineers to ensure understanding of analytical requirements
- Ensure that all algorithms scale and if needed can be executed in real time
- Engage with customers to understand their business problems
We are looking for entry level candidates with below expertise:
- Statistical Knowledge such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights
- Experience with large-scale, real-world problems on data science; deep learning modeling experience, such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and frameworks include TensorFlow, Keras
- Demonstrated communication skills; comfortable speaking with scientific and business audiences at all levels of an organization
- Basic understanding of programming language for analytics such as R, Python, Matlab, Scala
- Positive attitude, communication, creativity, problem solving, taking ownership
- Fast learner, team work and has passion to work with people across the regions.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, deadlines and requirements
- Professional work ethic and result orientation that is targeted towards managing by objectives
- Expertise in Machine Learning and Natural Language Process is a plus
- Familiarity with large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data is a plus
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Data Mining Deep Learning Keras Machine Learning Marketing Matlab Python R Research RNN Scala TensorFlow