Data Analyst- Cyberspace Operations
Fort Meade, Maryland, United States
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking a Data Analyst to provide operations research analysis to support a combatant command's strategic assessments of Cyberspace operations. In this role you will work with security defense and combatant command assessments of past activities to progress toward campaign objectives. You will be able to leverage advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts to assist the client with advancing performance and operating efficiently. This job is located in Fort Mead, MD.
- Provide operations research analysis support for intelligence, cyberspace operations, contingency operations, and operational-level planning, joint and multilateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy.
- Assist the client with planning programs, including recommending technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Possess a general understanding of cyberspace doctrine, policies, operations, and organizations.
- Exhibit a general degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness during the conduct of research and development and preparation of documents, briefings, and analyses which may include narrative, tabular, and graphic materials.
- Interpret policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives and applies operations research principles and techniques to analytic needs.
- Advise and collaborate with stakeholders to evaluate data and optimize data usage and promote information sharing.
- Analyze, report, and develop recommendations on data related to operational metrics.
- Prepare detailed assessment reports that represent data as useful information and ensure the analysis presents meaningful results.
- Contribute to uncovering and resolving issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- 5+ years of experience as an Operations Research Analyst
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, CS, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering
- Experience in working with web developers to create leadership and SME dashboards, including web-enabled data collection for operations, activities, and investments (OAIs)
- Experience with applying critical thinking towards the development of resource, force posture, and budgetary recommendations for command modernization to shape a client program
- Ability to develop a paradigm for assessment integration into planning and development
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Possession of excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build analytical models for strategic and campaign assessments, including military assessment and strategic risks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
WORK SCHEDULE: Core business hours
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Remote work during the pandemic may be possible but TBD on a case by case basis at the discretion of the customer / not guaranteed.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Top Secret with SCI/Poly Eligibility
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phia’s founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll