Junior Data Analyst
New York, New York, United States
At Code and Theory, our Junior Data Analyst partners closely with the strategy teams to deliver relevant and reliable data insights around audience and user behavior across channels and platforms.
Our Data, Analytics and Research team is central to the strategy group at Code and Theory. They are the champions of empowering informed decision-making and enabling iterative optimizations and learnings, and their terrain extends across digital ecosystems, including experience design, marketing and campaign strategy, CRM, and analytics implementation.
This role is essential in delivering insights and recommendations to drive strategic direction of the projects. you will work across the three areas of specialty: Audience Intelligence, Product Intelligence, and Data Architecture.
- 1+ years experience in related role at a major website, digital agency, retail/e-commerce organization, CPG
- Firsthand experience collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data into streamlined, actionable reports.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present insights and recommendations to creative and technical teams alike to inform strategy
- Interest in learning about the client’s business, including financials, industry, competitive landscape, marketing channels and strategic direction
- Interest in digital design and the creative process
- Experience working within the following tools:
- Digital Analytics Suites: Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics
- Tag Management Solutions: Google Tag Manager, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager
- Audience research: MRI, GWI, social listening platforms
In your first few months, you can expect to:
- Develop insights around audience and user behavior
- Be an ambassador for the value-addition of incorporating good data strategy
- Immerse in all aspects of data, analytics, and research work and built rapport within the team
In your first year, you will:
- Own the data analysis within the assigned clients and projects
- Clearly articulate and present data and initiatives, responsible in delivering insights and recommendations to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the DAR leads on projects to execute the proposed analytical approach, and continue to optimize the process after getting familiarized across various clients
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong sense of ownership. You are responsible for delivering accurate data insights & recommendations within the project timeline. You are a strategic thinker, and eagerly propose innovative ways to interpret, innovate and translate data insights from our products and campaigns into meaningful recommendations. This holds us accountable, validates effectiveness, optimizes performance and uncovers opportunities for our clients brands and businesses.ABOUT US: Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change. From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem. At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users. BENEFITS: In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long- and short-term disability. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, monthly massages and team outings. Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.