Senior Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
- Interface with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
8+ years experience with:
- schema design and dimensional data modeling
- custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- object-oriented programming languages
- analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system
- ETL tooling, especially Airflow
- the data warehouse space
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field
- Experience with data visualization
- 8+ years experience using Python
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?