Senior Data Scientist
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Data Scientist
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform for the safe and effective use of data. Our platform powers people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving fascinating technical problems and enabling our customers’ success—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
TV is one of the key growth areas for LiveRamp. Our audience-based, privacy-safe TV planning & measurement solutions are tailored to the needs of top-tier distributors, network programmers, and leading national agencies and advertisers. We are currently looking to fill a TV Data Scientist role on this team based in Boston, MA.
This TV analysis expert will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and delivery of TV advertising analytics solutions by applying digital analysis and database marketing techniques to the rapidly evolving TV and video space. This role will focus primarily on deciphering and clarifying client ad hoc analysis questions, utilizing and integrating consumer-level profile and behavioral attributes from huge volumes of data from multiple sources, interpreting, packaging, and delivering thoughtful analyses to inform client business decisions, and provide critical input to analytical product capabilities supported by LiveRamp platforms.
- Build and foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams and Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, and launching analytical solutions
- Work efficiently with client data and analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, package, synthesize, and share data, results, and actionable insight to support adjustments to client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Act as an advanced TV advertising data subject matter expert (SME);
- Build up a strong understanding and expert knowledge of the various data sources and methodologies brought together for LiveRamp TV solution
- Collaborate with client and capability teams on how to creatively leverage rich data assets for their respective insight need
- Identify data gaps and advocate for additional data sources to supplement solution platform to meet unmet marketplace need(s)
- Be an analytical approach artisa
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering insight need at hand with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, and timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated method
- Provide input to Product and Engineering teams on cross-format planning & measurement analysis requirements and possible solution path
- Trial, refine, and validate analytical methodologies through a disciplined approach of in-market campaign pilots or simulations (across video channels)
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate (both in writing and verbally) complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other data analysts/ scientists where necessary
- Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline with similar curriculum. Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment. Relevant experience in an academic setting is sufficient.
- You have strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities and communication to diverse stakeholders with reports and dashboards.
- You have technical familiarity with at least one object oriented programming language (python,C++,Java, etc) and familiar with scripting languages (python,R,Matlab, etc)
- You have experience in analytical modeling and designing statistical experiments.
- You have anomaly detection, clustering, neural networks or other machine learning algorithms.
- You have BIG DATA: Hands-on fluency in modern big data extraction, manipulation, and visualization tools such as Spark, PRESTO, or similar technologies.
- You have knowledge of media planning, marketing measurement and media optimization.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location: work in the heart of Boston.
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.