Clinical Informatics Data Analyst
Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clinical Informatics at Clover is essential to our Technology organization. We identify and support opportunities where data and technology can be most impactful to measurably improving the health of our population. To do this we rely on health care information about our members and our ability to harness its value and use our technology platform to effectively scale better care. One of the challenges we address is assuring that the data we use supports meaningful action.
We’re looking for a Clinical Informatics Data Analyst to examine and interpret large sets of medical/clinical data in order to help Clover develop strategies for healthcare delivery, population management, and success as a Medicare Advantage health plan. As part of Clover's tech organization, you'll help clinical leadership work closely with Clover's technical and operational teams to drive improvements in the care and outcomes for our members. You will be integral to supporting the flow of quality clinical data to support Clover’s software applications and clinical operations. Our ideal person will increase the team's effectiveness and help shape the way we support all of our members through product and technology investments.
You must possess a deep understanding of clinical data ontologies and terminologies, and data standards used to exchange across health IT systems. You must be able to skillfully interpret datasets, support clinical questions, support clinical quality oversight, as well as the operational processes to enable software support for clinical care delivery.
This position supports the intersection of clinical operations and the business practices for Clover and must therefore possess knowledge and experience in healthcare delivery.
As a Clinical Informatics Data Analyst, you will:
- Support interoperability programs driven by Clover’s clinical leadership by aligning with product and engineering priorities, and working cross-functionally to support plan operations and products to market.
- Collaborate with other Clover teams to acquire and consume clinical data necessary to support Clover programs and functions.
- Support interoperability efforts (quality assurance) with clinical data exchange partners (e.g., provider groups/practices, hospitals, ancillary service providers, health information organizations, etc.), and third-party vendors.
- Work closely with clinical leadership to explore care improvement opportunities through improved patient data acquisition, curation and sharing.
- Lead the development of clinical feedback and outcome reporting to track patient care process improvements and outcomes. As a tech-forward company, this entails using both standard and non-standard sources of member data to create a more holistic view of member health and their clinical status.
- Set up standardized self-serve clinical reporting to support our clinical HEDIS/Stars efforts and the oversight of our direct care clinical programs, including the impact of our clinical interventions. This work entails analysis within our own data warehouse as well as the use of third party vendor data aggregation tools. Responsible for reporting and ensuring success metrics and quickly fine-tuning data reporting.
- Support efforts to drive the delivery of evidence-based care to Clover membership through user-friendly interfaces and meaningful feedback/reporting to providers and provider groups.
- Develop and implement procedures, processes, etc. to monitor the ongoing exchange between Clover and its partners to ensure data quality (timeliness, completeness, accuracy, validity); and work with internal/external stakeholders to resolve operational issues as needed.
- Provide subject matter expertise to help engineers understand HIT source systems and translate clinical requirements into specifications that assure that our applications provide timely, accurate and actionable information to clinical end-users.
You will love this job if:
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are comfortable with clinical data, its complexity, and enjoy helping others interpret it.
- You are strong at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 4+ years of experience with clinical data analytics along with knowledge of and experience working with clinical ontologies and terminologies, such as ICD-10, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm, etc.
- You have 4+ years experience with SQL along with knowledge of relational databases, data warehouses, and data management principles. You have experience developing dashboards and advanced reports.
- You have knowledge of and experience with electronic medical record systems.
- You are familiar with clinical program processes (ambulatory and/or acute care) and the data produced by them.
- You have experience working in a managed care, ideally Medicare Advantage, environment.
- You have knowledge and use of healthcare interoperability standards.
- You have knowledge of statistical methods.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.