Senior Data Scientist, Analytics
New York, New York, United States
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a data scientist specializing in analytics, you will leverage your analytical skills to research, solve and report on business problems using large data sets, driving the direction of the company. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We are looking for people with a background in manipulating and analyzing complex data sets, reporting results and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. You should be technically inclined or interested in learning new technologies and tools. We encourage growth either in more technical business and product analytics as well as tangential fields like risk and data engineering.
- Clean, manipulate and analyze large, complex data sets, spanning a wide variety of sources.
- Meet the analytical needs of teams such as operations, marketing, finance, accounting and product.
- Drive the direction of the company through a mix of meticulous research and creativity.
- Research and recommend actionable solutions to nebulous business problems based on often unclean data.
- Generate and maintain reports and dashboards for internal and external consumers.
- Alongside business stakeholders and engineers, reconcile crucial data integrity issues.
- Communicate analysis results with effective storytelling.
- Inform our other data science and data engineering teams of broader business needs.
What We Value:
- Experience with SQL to pull, join and explore data generated by many disparate sources.
- Strong communication skills and have worked with different business functions.
- Experience taking difficult analyses across the finish line independently.
- Ability to relentlessly chase down data integrity issues to their root cause.
- Comfort in tackling very broad data domains
- Focus on constantly improving your analytical and technical skill-set by working on difficult analyses.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds (we currently have over 15 nationalities represented, with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
Data at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Analysts are expected to understand the business and have input towards our long term vision.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Does Brex sound like home? We'd love to meet you! Please share with us details of what you've worked on and what matters to you (personally and from a technical standpoint). Don't worry too much about your resumé. Be genuine, not official.