Junior Data Scientist
Brno, Brno-Město, CZ
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
The Junior Data Scientist within the Business Insights team will analyze structured and unstructured data from diverse sources seeking underlying patterns and extracting valuable business insights to help inform and guide quality business decisions in cooperation with senior Data Scientists in the team. They will also create dashboards, that is, visualize various data sets to forecast future development, uncover stories, trends, or patterns for our clients.
- Gather data from a client or from databases and run analytic procedures
- Automate data gathering
- Suggest, create and regularly provide reports (such as regular KPIs measuring in the form of table or graphs)
- Cooperate with data sources representatives to understand processes and to explore whether there is scope for improvement
- Recommend ways to improve quality of data and processes and understand their business value
- Extract, transform, and combine all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem
- Not just simply collect and report on data, but also build statistical models, determine what they mean, then recommend ways to apply the data
- Create visual presentations of analytics results and translate quantitative insights for a non-technical audience
- Derive business insights through expert mathematical, analytical and computational techniques
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5 weeks of paid vacation
• Relocation assistance in the amount of 15.000 CZK paid according to Relocation Assistance Policy (this package is conditional)
• Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
• Strong career opportunities
• Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
• Above standard Medical Care
• Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
• Global Travel and Life insurance
• Contribution to the Pension fund
• IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
• Benefit from mentoring and coaching
• Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you back.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, proactive problem solving, accuracy, team player.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages and analytics tools (e.g. R, Python)
- Basics in statistics, machine learning, natural language processing methods
- Experience with modelling techniques and visualization tools (Tableau, Kibana, PowerBI) as well as types of visualization welcome
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Finance Healthcare Machine Learning Open Source PowerBI Python R Tableau Travel