Data Engineer: Big Data
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
As Data Engineer – Cloudera / Hadoop Administrator, you will be part of a team responsible for deploying and maintaining Hadoop cluster using Big Data (Hadoop) platform components.
- Liaising with the systems engineering team to propose changes / enhancements required for the Hadoop platform.
- Work with Architecture and Infrastructure teams to develop future usage patterns and new use cases on the platform.
- Diligently collaborate with client teams to design, prototype & roll-out new solutions on the platform.
- Exposure in Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Add and remove nodes using monitoring tools
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance by being part of a team responsible for technical vision, architecture, design and development of platform components.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Hadoop Platform and Application Support exposure
- Ability to support experience in Cloudera skills
- Prior experience in trouble shooting of Hadoop codes (SPARK, HIVE, Python HDFS commands)
- Willing to work in 24/7 production support
- Experience in Control-M/OOZIE Job scheduling, Job monitoring, Job tracking. Job failure log analysis and follow-ups for quick fix
- Solid understanding of coordination skills to manage the multi-vendor environment supports.
- Prior experience in Incident, change for issue resolutions and Problem management for root cause analysis.
- Hands-on knowledge in SQL databases, DB structures, principles and theories along with Code release experience in Production environments
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Engineering Hadoop HDFS Python Research Spark SQL