Data Engineers at Sertis are passionate about designing, building, and maintaining cutting-edge data infrastructure, ranging from real-time streaming pipelines for computer vision products to data lakes capturing millions of data points daily.
You will be designing and building State of the art data infrastructure for both our internal platforms and also creating bespoke solutions for our clients. Collaboration and coordination with other departments (product, etc) to solve their use case using data technology will be a key focus, while also keeping up to date with new technologies to improve our current stack.
- Manipulating complex data from different sources
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implement ETL process
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Working within a team supporting software & data system development, training and integration & test infrastructure
- Identifying and solving business challenges utilizing large structured and unstructured data from different sources
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Passion for big data, software engineering, and systems
- Excellent analysis and reasoning of system behaviours
- Knowledge of SQL database maintenance and Python, Scala or Java
- Good communications skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Have worked with one of the following: Hadoop & Hive, Apache Spark, or related technology
- Experience with a cloud platform (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- A CAN DO attitude and friendly disposition!