Data Engineering Tech Lead
Data Engineers at Sertis are passionate about designing, building, and maintaining cutting-edge data infrastructure, ranging from real-time streaming pipelines for computer vision products to data lakes capturing millions of data points daily.
As Data Engineering Tech Lead you will guide a team in designing and building cutting edge data solutions for both our internal platforms and also creating bespoke solutions for our clients. You will at as bridge for collaboration and coordination with other departments while keeping a strong focus on technical growth and development of team members.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Build scalable, maintainable ETL pipelines
- Manipulating complex data from a variety of sources
- Maintaining and monitoring existing ETL pipelines and advising on necessary infrastructure changes
- Stay up-to-date with the newest trends and technologies and share expertise with the team (code reviews, demos, etc.)
What you will need:
- Strong Data Engineering skills
- Technical leadership skills
- Experience mentoring data engineers
- Experience scoping projects, defining architectures and choosing technologies.
- Strong ability to accurately estimate manpower needs
- Experience of database maintenance and Python, Scala or Java
- Passion for big data, software engineering, and systems
- Experience using Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark or related technology
What you are like:
- Strong believer in career development and mentorship
- Very open-minded
- Able to share and suggest ideas
- Have a can do and will do attitude!
- Ready to tackle any challenge