Senior Computer Vision Calibration Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA; Plantation, FL (HQ); Austin, TX; Zurich, Switzerland
Sensor and display calibration is a critical component of augmented reality systems. In this job, you will be designing, implementing and analyzing results of calibration algorithms.The candidate must have extensive experience in computer vision with specialization in at least one of the following areas:
- Sensor calibration: Design and implement algorithms for online and offline calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of a calibration process targeted for factory production.
- Visual-Inertial pose tracking: Design and implement advanced algorithms for estimating the 3D pose of a head-mounted device by optimally fusing visual and inertial measurements collected from multiple cameras and IMUs.
- SLAM or photogrammetry: Design and implement advanced algorithms for reconstructing 3D models of large scale environments using visual information or depth data.
- 3D object tracking: Design and implement robust algorithms for detecting and tracking the 6 DOF pose of known moving objects from multiple cameras in presence of clutter and occlusions.
- Develop state-of-the-art calibration methods.
- Write new code, use pre-existing code.
- Simulate algorithms.
- Analyze experimental results.
- Give recommendations on best-known practices.
- Make technical choices based on quantitative metrics.
- Support calibration needs across all Magic Leap departments.
- Enjoy the flawless support of your colleagues and provide the same.
- Expert knowledge in at least one area listed above.
- Fluent in 3D computer vision. Robotics, control and estimation preferred.
- Fluent in Matlab/Octave (programming and debugging), Python/Numpy and C/C++ preferred.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience in numerical analysis, computational geometry.
- (optional) Experience working with OpenCV.
- MS in EE, CS or physics
- Ph.D in EE, CS or physics preferred
- Outstanding candidates with BS in EE, CS or physics will be considered
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs