Software Engineer Intern, Big Data (Summer 2021)
Redwood City, CA
The Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives. This is an exciting space for interns to be part of this mission.
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions.
What You’ll Do:
Over 10+ weeks the intern can expect to become deeply involved in different big data technologies such as Spark, Kinesis, Redshift, Mongo, Druid and Grafana.
- You will be trained in quality data sets, working with data analysts and data scientists to develop data science models.
- You will learn the architecture and design of big data systems
Experience relevant to Poshmark:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- Understanding of Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Druid, Flink etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid software development skills in Java, C, C++, or Scala
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and patterns.
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things that catch our eye:
- Experience with development in a high traffic, highly scaled environment is a plus
- Exposure to machine learning
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.