Manager Data Scientist
About the Team
The Platform & Services organization plays an essential role in making our games reach billions of players. Our data scientists build multiple data products used to predict in-game user behavior and optimize our marketing operations. We collaborate with several other teams in Engineering, Marketing, and Product. It is challenging work — but fun too.
About the Role
Data scientists at Wildlife are full stack. They understand the business context of their work, conceptualize solutions, extract and prepare data, create visualizations, develop models, write production-ready code, deploy algorithms, and track their performance.
As a manager, you are expected to be a good organizational leader — but also comfortable discussing deeply technical topics and rolling up your sleeves when necessary. You will build and run a team that is fundamental to Wildlife's business strategy.
More About You
- You are excited by the idea of building an ambitious organization and running it as well
- You are impact-driven and have a keen eye for high-value opportunities to develop data science projects
- Prior to becoming a manager, you have worked as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media
- You are an excellent teammate and raise the bar of those around
What You Will Do
- Run a team developing algorithms that deal with a variety of prediction and inference tasks at scale
- Hire, train, and manage top-notch data scientists alongside whom you are proud to work
- Collaborate with other leaders in Engineering, Product, and Marketing to deliver great data products
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce exceptional results
What You Will Need
- 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- 2+ years of experience working as a manager of technical teams
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and model deployment at scale that is both broad and deep
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives. Please consider applying for this role even if you do not meet all requirements.