Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Bellevue, WA, USA
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Build and tune machine learning models that support internal Snowflake resource policies and machine learning platform features.
- Utilize vast amounts of service data to generate execution strategies, and to design and build intelligent features.
- Understand customer requirements and business goals, and participate in the design of machine learning platform features.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years industry experience designing and building systems, machine learning models, platforms and frameworks.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Deep Fluency in Java, C# or C++. Python experience a plus.
- Experience with common ML frameworks such as Spark, MLlib, Tensorflow, Pytorch, XGBoost, or scikit-learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in building highly-scalable models for optimization and classification problems.
- Experience in building machine learning execution platforms and frameworks.
- Experience in adapting machine learning techniques to highly parallel and distributed environments.
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Development experience in one of the major clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?