Data Scientist, Devices
Mountain View, CA
Livongo is the leading Applied Health Signals company, partnering with over 800 clients to serve more than 250,000 members. One of Livongo’s unique strengths is the suite of tools that enable our members to monitor not only their behaviors, but also their bodies -- for example, their blood glucose, blood pressure, and weight. These data streams provide vital clues into where each member is on their journey towards living a healthier and happier life -- and how Livongo can best provide support and guidance in an adaptive, just-in-time fashion.
This role is focused specifically on furthering Livongo’s ability to do more with our devices and their data streams, including:
- Diving in deeply to wrangle, tame, and extract insights from the full spectrum of Livongo monitoring devices.
- Improving the quality of the data streams themselves, by developing algorithms and models for anomaly detection and time-series interpolation.
- Working with Data Engineering to ensure that transformations of raw device signals are captured in our data warehouse.
- Partnering with the Clinical Research and Coaching teams to develop new ways of visualizing relationships between data streams in ways that are accessible and insightful to our members.Appraising published algorithms and developing novel models that use device metrics to predict gold-standard clinical outcomes.
- Providing Data Science support on Livongo-led pilot studies investigating novel monitoring devices, and how they can be used optimally within the Livongo program.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders to help scope and solve problems they face, and providing them with informed and practical recommendations.
What you bring
- 2+ years experience working in Data Science at a SaaS or consumer-facing company, or in an academic/clinical setting (e.g., MS, MPH, PhD).
- Past experience or training in biomedical engineering, human physiology, telemedicine, or related domains is a plus.
- A solid understanding of statistical inference and machine learning concepts/techniques, with experience in applying those concepts to solve business problems.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
- Experience designing and building useful, maintainable code that can be leveraged within larger data science pipelines.
- Well-honed critical thinking, active listening, and communication skills to infer business needs, grasp underlying context, and translate loose direction on analytical projects into concrete solutions.
- A compelling ability to tell stories with data.
- A pragmatic ability to balance prototyping with incremental cleanup and refactoring along the way.
Who you are
- Self-driven and intellectually curious, with a proven track record using statistics and machine learning to solve challenging problems.
- An active listener who can “read between the lines” to infer product needs and underlying context.
- A strong team player, willing and able to share knowledge with a wider audience.
- An open and kind individual seeking to be part of a high-performing, caring team.
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transform healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.