Data Science Tech Lead, B2B
Data Science Tech Lead, B2B
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
Wayfair Professional’s (B2B) mission is to help businesses make good spaces great. We leverage Wayfair’s platform to serve professional customers in many industries, including Interior Design, Commercial Office, Contractor, Property Management, Accommodations, Foodservice and Education, with cross-functional teams focused on improving the customer experience in each target vertical.
What You'll Do
- Develop and enhance lead identification (internal data) and prospecting (external data) targeting models across multiple channels - storefront, email, and other marketing platforms and geos (US, CA, and EU)
- Integrate a wide variety of internal and 3rd party data sources (Everstring, Corelogic, Construction Monitor, others) to improve targeting
- Work with partner engineering teams (ML Plats, Sales R&D) to build real-time models that integrate into various targeting applications
- Develop the next generation of lead scoring models that are oriented around customer lifetime value and profitability
- Manage junior data scientists in B2B Lead Generation & Scoring space
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields; PhD preferred
- 4+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary technical teams comprised of scientists and engineers of varied levels of experience
- Thorough command of general data science and machine learning techniques, good understanding of data engineering practices
- Relevant experience designing and implementing customer-facing systems that are scalable, fast, and resilient
- Ability to work on cross-functional projects and manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Good understanding of experimental techniques for the design of A/B tests to measure the impact
- Communication skills that can influence across organizations and at all levels
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.