Machine Learning Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
The Data Science & Pricing Team is responsible for all the aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation and definition of success metrics, designing, implementing and testing models, and productionising new exciting tools and algorithms.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. You will multiply our capability by getting up to speed quickly, taking ownership of key projects and making a strong business impact. You will be given the support and backing you need to excel as a key member of our team.
About the role
Over the next 12 months:
- You will play a central role in architecting, creating and improving Zego’s cutting edge Data Science/Machine Learning systems.
- You will work closely with the Data Science and Engineering teams to design, develop, deploy and maintain industry guiding pricing models and technology.
- You will dive into the heart of Zego and its data to build an intuitive knowledge of the business.
- You will help forge Zego’s core data platform.
- You will design systems that enable rigorous reproducible research practices at a fast pace.
- You will advocate a data-driven approach as you partner with stakeholders of different seniority showcasing your inclination as an outstanding contributor and develop into other senior roles.
- You will build relationships with the wider Engineering organisation, speaking the language of experts and engineers equally.
- You will combine prior art, open source and innovative original solutions to create best in class technologies.
- You have BSc/BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similarly quantitative disciplines.
- You have knowledge in Data Science and Machine Learning, covering systems engineering, MLOps and model deployment.
- You are an expert in Python and can write robust and scalable code.
- You are comfortable using cloud infrastructure as code to build data pipelines and model deployment services.
- You are strongly proficient with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are well-versed in modern machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Caffe2, PyTorch and Theano.
- You have enthusiasm for reproducible research techniques including version control (geg. Git & Github etc.).
- You have the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and build a consensus.
- You are a lifelong learner; as technologies and techniques are constantly evolving, you are proactively pushing yourself to develop your skills and knowledge.