Sr. Business Data Scientist (Professional Services)
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Sr. Business Data Scientist
Job location: This role will be based out of our Dallas, TX office
What you will do
As the Senior Business Data Scientist, you will be the leader in an industry leading analytics team that strives for data driven business transformations for all types, shapes and sizes of supply chains, including some of the largest and most complex supply chains on the planet. If you love solving analytical problems, analyzing complex datasets, finding actionable insights, communicate the story within the data and learning new technologies, this role is for you. If you have a knack for applying Data Science to drive real world business improvements, this role is for you.
The role will entail implementing, testing and piloting new tools and methodologies and standardize them as a part of our offerings to drive continuous value. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in AI/ML space driving solution strategy for customers as well as mentoring and developing the project team.
- Develop cutting edge expertise in Kinaixs’ AI/ML capabilities to translate customer’s business needs into actionable insights that can drive business improvements.
- Lead customer to define and implement value metrics and KPIs that will demonstrate visible business success.
- Evaluate and measure models’ outputs to ensure client requirements are met and drive continuous value.
- Deliver ML implementation projects to customers and work product and R&D teams to set up and fine tune models to produce end results, ensuring successful go lives to enable value generation.
- Seamlessly collaborative with cross functional teams of Product Data Scientists, ML directors and customer business and IT to complete ML projects.
- Provide on-going support and thought leadership to customers to continually improve their AI/ML models by demonstrating and delivering value.
- Develop and mentor a team of Business Data Scientists to groom them into future leaders .
- Provide planning, strategy, and data science guidance to the larger professional services organization.
- Work with Product development and R&D in shaping the product roadmap and provide thought leadership content and points of view on industry trends.
- Work with pre sales and help shape a point of view for each customer about how the Kinaxis capabilities can best support them, and work with Industry principal team to create innovative ways to capture, showcase and deliver value.
- Create innovative and effective set of methodologies, templates and approaches for future implementations.
- Support services sales with review and modifications of the statement of works, including project timelines and approaches, implementation plans and deployment concepts for implementation improvements.
What we are looking for
- Ability to understand customers business’ and supply chain needs and leverage it to effective design solutions to drive business value.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives and business stakeholders to shape and influence decision making.
- Deep understanding and practical experience of deploying Data Science approaches and tool sets to real work supply chain problems.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of AI/ML techniques and eager to learn and adopt new approaches and methodologies.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, R and Python.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MS Sql Server, PostgreSQL), BI/data analysis. Working knowledge of distributed computing techniques.
- Working knowledge of ML stack such as Kubernetes, Project Jupyter, Kafka and workflow engine etc.
- Be the customer data expert , deep understanding of our customers data, including sales data, customer/loyalty data, web/mobile data, and other external data sources that are relevant to their business.
- Working experience in retail, CPG, e-commerce, or supply chain would be considered an asset.
- Ability to translate planning processes to different industrial environments such as B2B, Life Sciences/ FMCG/ Automotive industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and client relationship building and facilitation skills (meeting sessions, conflict resolutions, brainstorming etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Supply chain planning including, Demand Planning, Demand Sensing, S&OP, Production Planning and Inventory Management.
- Ability to handle complex situations with little to no guidance. Demonstrated ease to navigate in complex project environments and ability to communicate and influence senior management C-Level Executives.
- Commercial instinct to discover and develop new consulting opportunities.
- Previous experiences in analytics or solution consulting, either in consulting or advisory firm, software vendor, or as part of strategy function of a large corporation are a plus.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, including business requirements definition, review of functional specifications, development of test plans, testing, user training, and deployment.
Things that would definitely help
- Impressive executive demeanor, a team oriented and collaborative approach
- Demonstrates independence in action, decision making, goal oriented and driven
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient and able to contribute from day one
- Focused and determined
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com