Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
In this Data Scientist role, you will provide scientific leadership and execution to support our business products and services!
- Communicate work to and receive feedback by technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with business partners to develop strategies and value from our datasets
- Implement scalable cutting-edge solutions with machine learning and models
- Develop POCs with quick turnaround to suffice the needs of business stakeholders
- Leverage data management processes, available infrastructures, and API tools to develop codebases and solutions
- Collaborate with engineers, stakeholders, and other team members to establish an analytics platform or/and standard procedures for use across the business
- Using and improving System to accurately and efficiently identify risk based on multiple data sets and data points (e.g., person, location, activity)
- Designing, developing and testing data analysis/collection and visualization applications in programming language(s) of choice
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Understanding of Data modelling and schema design
- Problem-Solving Intellect, particularly challenging real-world problems
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
The Ideal Candidate has strong knowledge, deep experience, or/and superb potential in the aspects below.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future.Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Five plus years of experience as data professional (big data solutions)
- Five plus years experience in statistical methods (e.g., correlations and regressions, anova, resampling, effect size)
- Machine-learning Techniques (e.g., clustering, decision trees, nearest-neighbors, support vector classifiers, ensemble methods, collaborative filtering)
- Algorithm Development in main languages to our business such as Python, Scala, and Spark
- Demonstrate knowledge of a cross section of tools and techniques relating to support of large-scale data analysis
- Proven understanding and proficiency of database administration and data structures
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of internal IBM pricing processes from both a seller and financial perspective for both direct and indirect sales channels. [2+ years]
- Effective at giving advice and counsel to negotiate the strategy between multiple business units/organizations and competing priorities.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Engineering Machine Learning Open Source Python Scala Spark